Social activities, hobbies and leisure interestsWe try to make it possible for our residents to live their lives as fully as possible.
In particular, we do the following:
- Dedicated activities organiser
- Encourage social, cultural and leisure interests
- Organise group activities both inside and outside the home
- Help with existing hobbies, pursuits and relationships
- Internal social activities along with events involving other organisations and volunteers
- Regular visits from the mobile library service
- Ensure that the home is a real part of the local community
- Residents’ birthdays are celebrated with drinks, cards, cake and a small gift from Woodlands
We aim to give residents and relatives opportunities to participate in many aspects of life in the home. In particular, residents are regularly consulted both individually and corporately about planning social activities, reviews of menus, interior decorating etc.
We hope that friendships among residents will develop and that they will enjoy being part of a family, but there is no compulsion on a resident to join in any of the communal social activities.
Our objective is always to make the process of managing and running the home as transparent as possible, and to ensure that the home has an open, positive and inclusive atmosphere.